Pumpkin Ale

Wow, the first beer review of the fall and I am giving to you all a beer that I first tried almost ten years before. I remember the experience like it was just last Sunday, it was a crisp fall afternoon just after 12pm (because you can’t buy beer or wine no Sunday before 12.) It was a magical afternoon shopping at the local grocer and sitting there in the cooler was an odd looking beer with a pumpkin on it. I being the adventures guy that I am took the gamble and it was a real hum-dinger. Now flash forward to today when I am on the lookout for new beers to try, I see this old classic sitting there in the cooler section. Be forewarned; as the autumn beer season emerges you will be inundated with “pumpkin Beers and Ale’s.” However, it is my opinion that this offering from Buffalo Bill’s Brewery is the pinnacle of pumpkin pouring pleasure when it comes to seasonal beers. This is a well balanced beer and as I mentioned in the last sentence, it is brought to us by Buffalo Bill’s Brewery which I have been blogging about all year. Perhaps I might not have a candidate for beer but perhaps for the first time, a brewery of the year? The beer is excellent for enjoying in the backyard contemplating what makes the birds know to fly south, or for that mater the North American Hobo migrate that way the same time every year. In addition to that, the beer is also fantastic for enjoying with food. My food picks are pork and chicken of most any types. The beer has that pumpkin taste with the beer bite at the end, it also has a refreshing flow through. The beer is just so well crafted from the ground up. please enjoy this beer, it is so good.

No comments: