Beers and Friends

This is not so much a beer review as it is a tribute to a new friend. For those of you who follow my blog, I usually rip on anything from Anhiser Buch as specially Budweiser beer. However, I found that after a few days in the outback backpacking, a beer by any name is a good beer and this Budweiser was the best beer I have ever had after running around in the mountains with nothing to drink. This is for my new friend ED. As I have said that in the past, beer is made to be enjoyed. Beer is the great common denominator. After my backcountry adventure with my wife, we were back in base camp at Big Bend where the camp host was had greeted us when we first arrived invited me to come sit and have a beer with him. I was dead tired from the hike, but could not pass up the opportunity to sit and talk over a beer. What a magical idea to sit in nature and make a new friend all while enjoying a beer. Something so universal and common, yet so powerful in it’s ability to bring together strangers. So heres to beer, the friend maker. We might not be Budweiser or Coors fans, but we are all beer fans. We will always be able to put our differences aside for the beers we prefer when it comes to making new friends and enjoying a beverage called beer. Ed, thank you fro your hospitality during our stay at Big Bend and thanks for he Budweiser. it was the best dang beer I have ever had.

No comments: