Red Hook WIT

Fairly fresh off a trip to Washington state I thought I would do a review on some beer from the Bigfoot state. Let me just say that Mr. Foot would not be pleased in my opinion. The beer in question is from Red Hook and it is called WIT and there is a little saying on bottle and it says “ Made with ginger, but still digs Mary Ann.” The bite that ginger has is not not found in the beer at all. This beer is most like the last beer I did a review on, which was from the west coast as well, but much more flavorful than this one. This is what I call a phone in beer. There is not anything that sets this beer apart, or make it stand out above others. The beer is just bland and flavorless and a real disappointment the overlying taste profile is watery. This is so sad coming from a place that is filled with such natural beauty that it brings you to tears and fills you with curiosity to have such a crap beer come out of it. On a related note, Olympia Beer is not brewed in Olympia Washington like it was, it is now brewed in Milwaukee. The brewery is sitting in ruins at the adders of 3223 Boston St SE Tumwater, WA 98501, look it up no your IPhones google map app or google maps. Don’t be fooled by the bottle, it is outright falls advertising right on the bottle there is nothing “in the water” at least nothing from Washington. However, I digress from the current rant about this beer. This is a no go in my book. A better name for this beer would have been “HET” which is NO in Russian. So if you are into bland beer, try Red Hook’s HET, I mean WIT.

No comments: