Doggie Style Classic Pale Ale

The doggie style is a extra hoppie ale, perhaps a little too hoppie for my taste. As the days get hotter, i like a beer that is light in color and alcohol which the doggie is nether with it’s dark rusty pipe red hue and it’s 5.5% ABV this is a bold tasting beer. However, the bold taste subsides a little after you open it and let it sit a bit, even the smell is of hops when you open it. The carbonation in the beer taste like it is naturally fermented which is interesting due to the fact that the beer is dry hopped during the fermentation process which is the practice of adding dried hops to the fermentation. I can defiantly taste and smell the difference in this ale. all in all this beer is a ok, I cant say that this beer is my fave but I am not an ale enthusiast. Perhaps the ale loving hop heads out there will find this beer enjoyable. As a side note the Flying Dog Brewery web page is fantastic in that when it comes to looking for beers to drink each beer has a gage for taste and color range which is helpful for anyone. As far as food goes I think this would go best with a hardy beef stew, but you decide. Enjoy :-)

No comments: