Kirin Ichiban Special Premium Reserve Beer

I first ran into this beer back in the day when I first started eating Sushi at Miyako’s

(the one at 6345 Westheimer Rd). Sitting at the sushi bar at happy hour after ordering a large batch of sushi and needing something to wash it all down with, I looked to what was being consumed all around me and it was Kirin. I can still remember the experience today and it was a good one, the beer went so well with the Squid and octopus, so smooth and refreshing. You can really tell the beer is well crafted. This single wort brew with it’s fine barley malt and top notch hops helps to make this beers finish a non bitter one which also helps to make it so versatile in the taste department. This beer is just so good, that I have a hard time coming up with more words to describe the taste other than extremely refreshing and light in taste, the beer enhances the taste of food much like salt can do if applied correctly. This is the jack of all trades beer in that it is good for drinking and eating with most everything. Perhaps the only detractor from the beer is that the art on the bottle is so fine that you may not think to pick it up for something as simple as just a weekend BBQ, you might look at the beer and think, this beer is too high brow for me I can’t just come inhere with my summer looking flip-flops and this T-shirt and grab this beer. I need a tux on or something before I purchase this fine looking beer. Don’t fool yourself, if you like good beer then this is the beer for you. Don’t let the label scare you

No comments: