Budweiser Select

Budweiser Select was originally released as an answer to Michlobe Ultra. The beer says that it is full flavored and only 99 calories, and surprisingly both are true. As much as I hate to give this honor to a beer from a company that for the most part don't care for because of it’s ubiquitous nature in the market which has led the beers that come from Budweiser to be flavorless and boring. A good example of what I dislike about Budweiser is what is going on with Toyota, they have become so popular that somewhere along the way they lost something in the way of product quality. The same is true for Budweiser, with few exceptions and Bud Select is one. So much so that this beer is also in the running for beer of the year and here is why. To start, the beer is cool on the tong with a smooth middle and a full flavored finish. The beer is not complicated but simply refreshing. I know what I hate and I don’t hate this. This beer is good for enjoying with virtually any food or just as a Sunday sipper. However, as I sit here guzzling this on the couch I just can’t stop thinking about all of the food pairing options. Plus the beer is fairly low in the calorie department, however not as low as some of the beers on the market today but it does hold it’s own in the ever changing beer market.


(Editorial note)

For lint this year I will be forgoing all alcohol, so during this time I will be bring you beer news instead. I will be scouring the newspapers and internet to bring you the latest beer related news. Enjoy!!

No comments: