Red Dog By The Plank Road Brewery

Nick nack patty wack, give this dog a home. A large percentage of money goes to the advertising departments of most mass produced beers. However, this is not the case with Red-Dog. As you stroll down the beer isle of your local grocer, you see him, the red dog staring out at you with indifferent eyes. The sort of eyes that say " look bub, I don’t really give a flip if you take me home or not". The Red-Dog he says "look, take me as I am. Not for my price tag or the other cheap beers this smuck grocer placed me next to, if you want a good dog, er I mean beer, then take me home. Otherwise pick the pretty looking beer with the premium price tag just down the case you pansy". Now for most things in life the saying is true. You get what you pay for. However, with beers, that is not always the case, in fact sometimes it is the exact opposite. You can end up paying high prices for complete crap, and in actuality what you are paying for is the advertising and not the content of the bottle. The way I like to describe Red-Dog is that it is a good old beer, it is well rounded in all aspects. The price is great it goes well with food, especially Buffalo Wings. I have found that that combination, the Red-Dog and the wings does it for me. Man, one Red-Dog and about twelve wings and I am good to go. Red-Dog has one of the highest alcohol contents around, so watch out when drinking this one, it is smooth with a bit of a bite at the end, but overall a well-rounded beer. It’s only detractor is the fact that it is so cheap. People tend to be frightened by cheap beer.

No comments: