Raha & Sons Ugly Pug Black Lager

Black Lager

This beer is one I first ran into back in October at the Galveston beer festival, I had been hesitant to purchase this beer in the store due to the fact that it is a Texas beer; unfortunately the Texas brewers tend to go heavy on the hops which for the most part I don’t care for, so when I found this one, I kew this would be a revisit and here we are. The taste profile of this one is of subtleties. You can taste a light creaminess followed by a slight burnt coffee or noodles, you know that smell that comes off the pot as you try and clean it. I know that at first glance this sounds bad but just give it a try. In addition to that, the effervescent nature of this beer is nonexistent at best, but that is typical of black lagers. Due to the unique flavor profile of this beer I did not find any food that went well with it but I am sure that there are foods out there that do. As a parting note, the beer is a quick drinker, too quick. Enjoy!

( side note ) It took me so dang long to do this review that I am sick of this beer, for whatever reason to just took so long to get this done it has cursed me from the beginning of the year, damn this beer. I was so tired of this beer you done even get a PIC

No comments: